As the cold weather sets in, award-winning Polo Bar at The Westbury Mayfair (www.westburymayfair.com) launches a new selection of winter warming cocktails and simple comfort food to their menu.
With this change of season, Polo Bar’s Head Mixologist Carmine Catena and Head Chef Brian Fantoni take their creativity to a new level with a host of new flavours, infusions and ingredients. Playing on this winter’s top cocktail trends, including tea infusions, spiced flavours and ginger concoctions, Carmine Catena picks his top alluring winter classics for the season;
- Twinkle 68 (£17.00) – Dictator Colombian gin infused with white tea, hibiscus and rosehip, fresh lemon and gold sugar
- Blue Lady Martini (£15.50) – Don Julio Blanco infused with bergamot and grapefruit tea, shaken with blueberries, elderflower and served with a salt and pink pepper rim
- The Cardinal (£15.50) – Hennessy VS Cognac stirred to perfection with Rakomelo honey and cinnamon liqueur, Chilean Cabernet and Crème de framboise
- Modern Cosmo (£15.50) – A twist on the classic with Ketel One vodka infused with cranberries, shaken with Pierre Ferrand orange curacao, fresh lime and sugar
- Gin and Jam (£15.50) – Elephant gin served long and cool with fresh ginger, raspberry jam, Bendectine, cranberry and vanilla sugar
Using the best of seasonal produce, Polo Bar offers the perfect winter dishes to accompany the cocktail list, including their Pumpkin Risotto (£19.00) with Taleggio DOP cheese and walnuts, slow cooked Pulled Pork sandwich (£16.00), served in a brioche bun, or the Vegetable Wrap (£15.00), brimming with baked aubergine, oven dried tomato, wild rocket, garlic and Parmesan mayonnaise. Those with a sweet tooth can treat themselves to the Caraibe Chocolate Ganache (£9.50) with spiced pear sorbet, or an Apple and Blackberry Crumble (£9.50), served with Poire William ‘Anglaise’ sauce.
Renowned for its impeccable cocktail selection, buzzy atmosphere and understated elegance, Polo Bar promises guests an imaginative and pleasurable experience this winter.